Data collection is necessary to enable you to shop online
Like all other websites with online shopping facilities at www.ww1coin.com we collect personal information when you shop with us.
This information is necessary to make your shopping experience easy and convenient for you. It is also needed to process your order, inform you of any delays or problems and show you special offers and promotions that might be interesting for you.
The information we collect is:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.freeweddingcoin.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our newsletter, posting material or purchasing products. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by The London Mint Office, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place on our website or to provide the service offered on our website. Agents will only receive the information they need to perform their function and are functioning like an outsourced part of our company.
- In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company, who would then continue to offer the service to you.
- To an outside research company whom we might ask from time to time to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services in order to constantly improve our service quality.
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standards and we are not sharing this information with any partners, unless specifically authorized by you.
We use encryption to safeguard your credit card information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security. The encryption used makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
Your data is protected
The London Mint Office is a registered data user under the Data Protection Act. We will never pass on your details on to a third party for marketing purposes, unless you specifically authorize us to do so. If you would like to receive such offers please email email@example.com
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
To see all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please write to: The London Mint Office, Data Protection Officer, 1 Carew Street, London, SE5 9DF.
Cookie technology helps displaying relevant information for you
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer as an ‘Internet user's identification card’. By placing a cookie, our website will know when you have returned. This enables the site to bring up information relevant to you, for example your name, past orders, products you looked at, etc. and makes your shopping experience on our website easier
Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website. It is possible to opt out of cookies via your browser’s cookie settings, but if you do this you will not be able to shop from most websites as many functions depend on cookies. Cookies are computer specific, so if you log on to any site from a different computer, the cookie settings on that computer will apply and your shopping experience might be less convenient as a consequence.
The cookies we currently use are as follows:
- Google Analytics (__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz): these cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The information includes the time of the current visit, whether you have been to the site before and what site referred you here. We use this information to estimate our audience size and usage pattern, so that we can improve our site by understanding how people use it. Click here for further information from Google on Google Analytics and your privacy.
- [v1v4, v2v4 and v3v4]: this cookie is used to identify you when you are using our site, so that we can provide you with details of offers and services that may be of particular interest to you, either by means of information displayed on our site while you are using it, or by contacting you in accordance with your stated contact preferences.
For further information about managing and disabling cookies on your computer seewww.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
How anonymous data is used over the Internet
We use a third-party service provider to advertise on our behalf across the Internet. When you visit our website because you have seen one of these ads, they may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Web site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other Web sites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major web sites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this anonymous information used by our third party service provider, please visit our third party service provider’s website.
You can also read more about online marketing practices and the technologies that support them by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk
Where we store your personal data
Transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data whilst transmitted from your computer to our site; any transmission is at your own risk and we recommend using the security setting recommended by your service provider.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.